DetailsPrilosec OTC Delayed Release
- 28 Tablets
- 20 mg
- Prilosec OTC 20 mg targets acid production by directly shutting down many active acid pumps; a single pill works for up to 24 hours.
- Delayed-release acid-reducing tablets for treating frequent heartburn.
- Designed for heartburn that occurs two or more days per week.
- Not intended for immediate relief; may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- 14-Day Course of Treatment.
- Swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning.
- Take every day for 14 days.
- Do not take more than 1 tablet a day.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- Do not crush tablets in food.
- Do not use more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor.
- Children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor.
- Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole.
- Do not use if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness.
- Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness.
- Frequent chest pain.
- Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Stomach pain.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use.