DetailsPrilosec OTC Delayed Release Acid Reducer
- 42 Tablets
- 20 mg Tablets
Prilosec OTC 20 mg targets acid production by directly shutting down many active acid pumps; a single pill works for up to 24 hours.
- Delayed-release acid-reducing tablets for treating frequent heartburn.
- Designed for heartburn that occurs two or more days per week.
- Not intended for immediate relief
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- 14-Day course of treatment.
- Adults 18 years of age and older.
- product is to be used every 24 hours for 14 days
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- Swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning.
- Do not take more than 1 tablet a day.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor.
- You may repeat a 14 day course every 4 months.
- Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by doctor.
- Children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole.
- Do not use if you have: Trouble or pain swallowing food. Vomiting with blood. Bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- Ask your doctor before use if you have:
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Heartburn with lightheadedness
- sweating or dizziness
- Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath
- Pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders
- Frequent chest pain
- Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn.
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- Warfarin blood-thinning medicine
- Prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines.
- Diazepam anxiety medicine.
- Digoxin heart medicine.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your heartburn continues or worsens.
- You need to take this product for more than 14 days.
- You need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.