DetailsPepto-Bismol Upset Stomach Reliever/Antidiarrheal
- Each Tbsp Contains: Sodium 6 mg, Salicylate 130 mg.
- Low sodium.
- Sugar free.
- travelers diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink
- Shake well before use. For accurate dosing, use dose cup.
- Adults and Children 12 Years and Over: 1 Dose - 2 tbsp or 30 ml - every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed.
- Do not exceed 8 doses - 16 Tbsp or 240 ml - in 24 hours.
- Use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days.
- Children Under 12 Years: Ask a doctor.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
- Protect from freezing.
- Avoid excessive heat - over 104 degrees F or 40 degrees C.
- Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product.
- When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's Syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Allergy Alert: Contains salicylate.
- Do not take if you are: allergic to salicylates - including aspirin, taking other salicylate products.
- Do not use if you have: an ulcer, a bleeding problem, bloody or black stool.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have: fever, mucus in the stool.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for: anticoagulation - thinning the blood, diabetes, gout, arthritis.
- When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if: symptoms get worse,ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs, diarrhea lasts more than 2 days.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted shrinkband is missing or broken.
Active Ingredient (in each 15 ml Tablespoon): Bismuth Subsalicylate (262 mg). Inactive Ingredients: Benzoic Acid, Flavor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylcellulose, Red 22, Red 28, Saccharin Sodium, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Sorbic Acid, Water