DetailsNicoDerm CQ with SmartControlTM. The power to take on both sides of quitting. Beat your cravings with NicoDerm CQ. And break your habit with a quit plan. Take on the two sides to quitting.
Quitting smoking is tough. But it doesn't have to be brutal. Because instead of going cold turkey, NicoDerm CQ helps you quit successfully through a balanced approach.
Nicotine addiction causes your brain to link everyday habits with smoking. So you're actually fighting a battle on two fronts physical and habitual. Understanding both is key to changing your behavior, making healthier choices and starting a new life as a non-smoker.
NicoDerm CQ uses patented SmartControl technology to control the release of nicotine and calm your cravings. NicoDerm CQ shields you from the harsh effects of nicotine withdrawal by gradually weaning your body of its need for nicotine over a period of time. Having a handy quit checklist will help you better prepare for your quit attempt.
- If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day: start with Step 1
- 10 or less cigarettes per day: start with Step 2.
- 14 clear patches
- Committed Quitters Program enrollment form
- user's guide
- child resistant disposal tray.
NicoDerm CQ is a three step program. You start with the highest level of medicine and gradually step down your dose. For your family's protection, NicoDerm CQ patches are supplied in child resistant pouches.
What is the NicoDerm CQ Patch and how is it used?
- NicoDerm CQ is a small, nicotine-containing patch.
- When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body.
- NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin.
- Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 to 16 hour period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch.
- This helps to reduce cravings you may have for nicotine.
Made in the U.S.A.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
- Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch.
- If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule:
# Weeks 1-6: Step 1 use one 21 mg patch/day.
# Weeks 7-8: Step 2 use one 14 mg patch/day.
# Weeks 9-10: Step 3 use one 7 mg patch/day.
If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use Step 1 (21 mg). Start with Step 2 (14 mg) for 6 weeks, then Step 3 (7 mg) for 2 weeks and then stop.
- Steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your level of nicotine.
Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
- Apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless.
- Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch.
- Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray.
- See enclosed user's guide for safety and handling.
- You may wear the patch for 16 or 24 hours.
- If you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours.
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning.
- The used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day.
- Do not wear more than one patch at a time.
- Do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces.
- Do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours.
- Stop using the patch at the end of 10 weeks.
- If you started with step 2, stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks.
- If you still feel the need to use the patch talk to your doctor.
To increase your success in quitting:
# You must be motivated to quit.
# Complete the full treatment program, applying a new patch every day.
# Use with a support program as described in the enclosed User's Guide.
- Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F).
- If you are pregnant of breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider.
- Smoking can seriously harm your child.
- Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine.
- This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
- Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use sniff, or use a nicotine gum or other nicotine containing products.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal tray in this box.
- Do not use if individual pouch is open or torn.
- Not for sale to those under 18 years of age.
- Proof of age required.
- Not for sale in vending machines or from any source where proof of age cannot be verified.
Ask a Doctor Before Use if:
- You have heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat.
- Nicotine can increase your heart rate;
- High blood pressure not controlled with medication.
- Nicotine can increase your blood pressure;
- An allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes.
Ask a Doctor or Pharmacist Before Use if:
- You are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug;
- Taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma.
- Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
- When using this product do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. * The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch;
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime.
- Skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
Active Ingredients: Nicotine (21 mg) (per patch). Inactive Ingredients: Ethylene/Vinyl Acetate Copolymer, Polyisobutylene, High Density Polyethylene Between Clear Polyster Backings.