DetailsKaopectate Effective Diarrhea Relief
- Upset stomach reliever
- Bismuth Subsalicylate
- Restores natural balance
- Contains Salicylates
- Shake well immediately before each use
- For accurate dosing, use convenient pre-measured dose cup
- Repeat dose every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed, to a maximum of 8 doses in a 24-hour period
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration which may accompany diarrhea
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 30 mL or 2 tablespoonfuls
- 9 to 11 years: 15 mL or 1 tablespoonful.
- 6 to 8 years 10 mL or 2 teaspoonfuls
- 3 to 5 years: 5 mL or 1 teaspoonful
- Under 3 years: ask a doctor
Reye's syndrome: children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox, flu symptoms, or flu should NOT use this product. If nausea, vomiting, or fever occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- This product contains salicylates
- If taken with other salicylate-containing preparations (such as aspirin) and ringing in the ears occurs, discontinue use
- Do not use:
- if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) unless directed by a doctor
- for more than 2 days, or in the presence of fever
- in children under 3 years of age unless directed by a doctor
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout or arthritis.
- If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- This medication may cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue or stool.
'''Active Ingredient''' (per 15 ml): Bismuth Subsalicylate (262 mg)'''Inactive Ingredients:'' Caramel, Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Flavor, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Red 40, Sodium Salicylate, Sorbic Acid, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Xanthan Gum (245-184)