DetailsAnbesol Oral Anesthetic/Benzocaine
Temporarily relieves pain associated with the following mouth and gum irritations:
- Sore gums
- Canker sores
- Minor dental procedures
DirectionsTo open tube, cut tip of the tube on score mark with scissors.
Adults and children 2 years of age and older:
- Apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily or as directed by a doctor/dentist.
Children under 12 years of age:
- Adult supervision should be given in the use of this product.
Children under 2 years of age:
- Consult a doctor/dentist.
For denture irritation:
- Apply thin layer to the affected area, do not reinsert dental work until irritation/pain is relieved, rinse mouth well before reinser.
- Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other caine anesthetics.
When using this product:
- avoid contact with the eyes
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor/dentist
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- pain or redness persists or worsens
- rash or fever develops
- Keep out of reach of children
- If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away