Pumpkin Spice and everything nice, that's what fall is made of . . . or at least that's how we feel. Fall is the season for EVERYTHING pumpkin; Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, and our favorite, pumpkin spice lattes. This pumpkin spice latte will satisfy your pumpkin needs while being low-cal and low-fat there's no need to feel guilty.
• 1 tablespoons canned pumpkin
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish $
• 1 tablespoons stevia
• Ground pepper
• 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract $
• 1 cups unsweetened almond milk
• About 1/8 cup of espresso or coffee $
• 1/8 cup low fat half & half
1. Heat the pumpkin and spices: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
2. Stir in the stevia: Add the stevia and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
3. Warm the almond milk: Whisk in the almond milk and vanilla extract. Warm gently over medium heat, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over.
4. Blend the almond milk: Carefully process the almond milk mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a thick wad of towels!) until frothy and blended.
5. Mix the drinks: Make the espresso or coffee and add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg if desired.