Love cheesecake but not the calories? Don't worry! We have a tasty solution for you. This cheesecake will be among the creamiest and tastiest you have had (and not to mention it's guilt-free).
- 1/2 cup strongly-brewed coffee (120g)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (6g)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (55g)
- 2 packages mori nu silken-firm tofu (Soy-free option: here)
- 1/8 tsp pure stevia or 1/4 cup sugar or coconut sugar (or 4 NuNaturals packets)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (80g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
1) Preheat oven to 350 F and fill an 8.5-in springform pan with a crust, or simply grease the pan for a crustless pie. (Crust recommendations are listed at the end of this post.) Make sure your coconut butter is melted before beginning.
2) In a food processor, combine first seven ingredients and blend until smooth. (Don’t over-blend, as this introduces air into the cheesecake, which can cause cracking later on.)
3)Mix in 1/4 cup chocolate chips if desired, then pour into the prepared crust or pan.
4) Sprinkle remaining chips on top, and bake 1 hour, then remove from oven and let cool completely.
5) Refrigerate AT LEAST 6 hours (uncovered), as the texture and taste will change completely during this time. (Don’t skip this waiting step!)
7) Go around the sides with a knife, then take the springform off. For troubleshooting and substitution notes, please see the nutrition link below.
Serving Size: 4.5 oz
Calories: 116 Calories From Fat: 62
Total Fat: 6.8 g
Saturated Fat: 5.7 g
Tras Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 232 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7.8
Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
Sugars: 5.0 g
Protein 6.6 g