Posted by Overstock Drugstore on 15th Sep 2015
Pumpkin Spice and everything nice, that's what fall is made of . . . or at least that's how we feel. Fall is the season for EVERYTHING pumpkin; Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, and our favorite, pumpkin spice lattes. This pumpkin spice latte will satisfy your pumpkin needs while being low-cal and low-fat there's no need to feel guilty.
• 1 tablespoons canned pumpkin
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish $
• 1 tablespoons stevia
• Ground pepper
• 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract $
• 1 cups unsweetened almond milk
• About 1/8 cup of espresso or coffee $
• 1/8 cup low fat half & half
1. Heat the pumpkin and spices: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
2. Stir in the stevia: Add the stevia and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
3. Warm the almond milk: Whisk in the almond milk and vanilla extract. Warm gently over medium heat, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over.
4. Blend the almond milk: Carefully process the almond milk mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a thick wad of towels!) until frothy and blended.
5. Mix the drinks: Make the espresso or coffee and add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg if desired.
The leaves are changing colors and the weather is getting colder which means fall is just around the corner. With fall comes delicious "warm" recipes; among our favorites is this Spicy Quinoa Chili. You Will Need: • 2 red bell peppers • 2 poblano chiles • 4 teaspoons olive oil • 3 cups chopped zucchini • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion • [...]
These pumpkin bars are perfect for this time of year and with only 55 calories per bar, you don't have to feel so guilty if you eat more than just one.~•~ INGREDIENTS ~•~ • ½ cup Xylitol Sugar or Stevia • ½ cup Unsweetened applesauce • 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon • 1 ½ tsp. Ground Ginger • ½ tsp. Ground Clove • 1 tsp. Baking [...]
Bent-Over Row1. Holding a barbell, palms facing down, bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward, by bending at the waist, while keeping the back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. This is your starting position.2. Now, while keeping the torso stationary, breathe out and lift the barbell to you. Keep your elbows close to [...]
Love cheesecake but not the calories? Don't worry! We have a tasty solution for you. This cheesecake will be among the creamiest and tastiest you have had (and not to mention it's guilt-free).Ingredients 1/2 cup strongly-brewed coffee (120g)1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (6g)1/4 cup pure maple syrup (55g)2 packages mori nu silken-firm tofu (Soy-free option: [...]
One of the best things about quinoa is that it can be enjoyed in many ways, whether you’re wanting a sweet breakfast or a savory dinner. Blueberry Coconut Breakfast Quinoa is among my favorite breakfast recipes.What You Will Need:-1 teaspoon coconut oil-3/4 cup raw quinoa, rinsed and dried-1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk-pinch of salt-1-2 tablespoons maple [...]
Six-Inch Hold • Lie on your back. You can place your hands at your sides, or under the small of your back for extra support. • Keeping your abs tight, lift feet six inches off the floor and hold. • You can do one rep holding this position as long as possible, or you could start with three reps [...]
For some reason, overtime weight-lifting has gotten a bad reputation and many myths have been made up about it. . . But we are here to "bust" those myths!Lifting Weights Will Make You BulkyWRONG! WRONG! WRONG! This seems to be one of the biggest concerns (for women) when considering the possibility of weightlifting. Unless you’re consuming A TON [...]
A super healthy treat made with cacao, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds and almonds; with maple syrup added for a touch of sweetness. This treat is high in protein, essential fats & antioxidants. Ingredients ♥ 2 teaspoons hemp protein ♥ 2 tablespoons ground flax seed ♥ 1 teaspoon chia seeds ♥ 5 tablespoons ground almonds ♥ 2 tablespoons cacao powder ♥ [...]
This tasty Chicken Pomegranate Salad makes for a delicious, light lunch anyone can enjoy.Ingredients♥ 2 cups Spinach Leaves♥ 1/2 sliced Avocado♥ 1 cup Arugula leaves♥ 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds♥ 1/8 cup Pomegranate♥ 6 oz. grilled Chicken Breast♥ 2 tbsp. Lemon JuiceDirections♥ Begin by slicing the avocado and then tossing with the spinach and arugula leaves, sunflower [...]
All prices are in USD.